We’ll be using the TeamViewer QuickSupport app to share your device’s screen. It’s free to download from the App Store. Once you’ve installed it, simply follow the steps below to get started.
- Open “TeamViewer QuickSupport” on your iPhone or iPad.
- You’ll notice your TeamViewer ID as soon as you open the app. This can be shared with your partner who’s trying to view your device. You can also tap on “Send your ID” to open the iOS Share Sheet and copy/paste the link wherever you want to.
- Now, tell your partner to head over to start.teamviewer.com on their computer, type in the ID you just shared and click “Connect to Partner”. This will open a prompt on your device’s screen. Tap “Allow” to give remote support to TeamViewer.
- This will establish the remote connection with the computer. Now, tap on “Start Broadcast”.
- Once again, tap on “Start Broadcast” the begin the screen sharing session.
- The content that’s displayed on the computer will look something like this. You can chat while you’re screen sharing to provide instructions.
- In order to stop sharing your screen, tap on the red screen recording indicator located at the top-left corner of the screen and choose “Stop”.
- When you’re done with the remote session, tap on the “X” icon located at the top-left in order to close the connection.
There you go. Now you’ve learned how to share your iPhone and iPad screen to a PC or Mac using TeamViewer.
Before iOS 11 came out, users had to resort to jailbreaking to get a similar functionality on their devices. Thanks to the built-in screen sharing feature, TeamViewer users can now remotely access your iPhone or iPad with ease.