If you’re one of those people who haven’t used Instagram before, you’ll need to download the official Instagram app from the App Store before you go ahead with the procedure. Now, simply follow the steps below to learn how to make video calls and group video chats.
- Open “Instagram” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Log in if you already have an account. You can also use your Facebook account to Sign in. If not, you can sign up in a matter of seconds.
- Now, you’ll be taken to your Instagram feed. Tap on the “Direct” icon located at the top-right corner of the menu, as shown below.
- This is the place where you send direct messages to other Instagram users. Tap on the “video” icon at the top.
- Now, type the Instagram username of the person you want to video call and select them as shown below. Tap on “Start” to begin the video call.
- However, if you want to video call multiple users, you can type in their usernames and select them in a similar way. Once you’re done, tap “Start” to initiate the group video call.
There you go. Now you know how to make video calls and group video calls using Instagram on your iPhone and iPad.
When you initiate a group video call, Instagram automatically creates in group chat in your list of Direct Messages, which can be used later on for texting. Instagram allows up to 6 users in a group video chat, which may not seem as much, especially in comparison to competitors like Snapchat which allows up to 16 users in a group call.
Unlike “Apple’s Group FaceTime”, Instagram isn’t limited to Apple devices. Thanks to multi-platform support, you can use Instagram to video call your friends and relatives who use an Android smartphone or tablet.