Using Screen Time in iOS allows for time limits to be set on app usage on an iPhone or iPad, even allowing for time limits on entire app categories like social networking. Setting up Screen Time requires a passcode to be set to access the Screen Time settings, and there are certainly times where an iPhone or iPad user may need to change the Screen Time password in iOS.
Maybe someone sneakily watched you enter the passcode and is now entering it themselves to override an app limit, or maybe you’re simply changing your passcode used in general. Whatever the reason, changing the Screen Time password in iOS is easy.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app in iOS
- Scroll down to tap on “Screen Time”
- Within Screen Time settings, scroll down and tap on “Change Screen Time Passcode”
- Confirm that you want to change the Screen Time Passcode in iOS
- Enter the old passcode, then enter the new passcode twice for the change to take effect
Don’t forget the Screen Time passcode, without it you won’t be able to make changes to Screen Time, set limits on apps and app categories, remove or adjust Screen Time settings, or even disable the Screen Time passcode if needed, so remembering the password you set is important.